xchat 1.8.6-1 broken?

Hello,
   Is anyone on other platforms having problems with
xchat 1.8.6-1? I built the current sources locally on
my Debian ppc sid machine because apt-get brought up
xchat-common for the new version and deinstalled the
older xchat-gnome from 1.8.5. I found that the new
xchat-gnome in 1.8.6-1 seems to hang on connecting to
irc servers. Regressing back to 1.8.5 eliminated the
problem. Is anyone on another arch seeing this behavior
in xchat 1.8.6-1? Thanks in advance for any info.
             Jack