Re: Debian trademark [was: Debian GNU/w32, may ready to be started?]

Michael Banck <mbanck@gmx.net> writes:

> I do think the same. However, I do not see the neccessity why it should
> be called 'Debian' or 'GNU'.

If it is the Debian packageing of the GNU userspace I think it would
be the only right thing to call it. You know give credit where credit
is due.

The Debian project does not win anything by hiding the fact that we
provide an excelent environment which could be useable even on
MS-Windows. The only thing we can win by hiding that fact is that we
will be free from an horde of new clueless lusers.

> Windows users might not even know the exact meaning of these words
> and they will most likely not care.

And they will never learn to care if we don't allow people to teach
them. There is no reason why Debian shouldn't be used to teach new
people about the concepts of free software.

--
Når folk spørger mig, om jeg er nørd, bliver jeg altid ilde til mode
og svarer lidt undskyldende: "Nej, jeg bruger RedHat".