Release candidate of gimp-print, changelog urgencies

Hi Eric,

[Cc'ed to -devel because of urgency question at the end]

I got another bug report today because my gs package in testing is
incredibly outdated because libgimpprint1 is not available there.
The reason seems to be that there are a few high severity bugs
blocking the installation of your packages into testing.

Now I noticed that a new upstream release of gimp-print is available
and wanted to prepare an NMU to check if those bugs went away.
I stumbled across the fact that the upstream tarball contains a
debian tree as well and conflicts with the Debian diff quite a bit.
Now I am wondering why two persons are maintaining a package of
gimp-print - this looks like wasted effort for me.

Also it stopped me from preparing a package suitable for NMU since
I don't have any idea which of the big number of changes in the
Debian diff have to get into the next package.

I built gimp-print packages using the upstream debian/ tree and
the result can be found at

	http://people.debian.org/~torsten/gimp-print/

Seems like at least the gimp printing bug (#113638) went away with the
release candidate. I can't test cups though as I don't want to spend the
time to install another printing system here.

Can you please check the situation and perhaps prepare a new official
package so that gimp-print can propagate into testing for the benefit
of the gs package? I will send a short notice to the BTS entries
that stop the testing installation of gimp-print to ask the submitters
if they can check if the new release fixes their problems.

As it already took ages I would like the gimp-print upload to have the
urgency "high" - I wonder if this is okay for this case. I have
another gs package available with updated gimp-print interface based
on the code in the current release candidate which I could upload
with the same urgency to finally get this into testing.

Thanks

	Torsten