Critical: ssh-nonfree IS exploited

Hello,

just a small information, I have at least 2 confirmed reports about Hacked
Debian Boxes. All of them are hacked by exploiting the old nonfree-ssh and
installing a rootkit. Fortunatelly the rootkit is easy to detect, since it
is linked against libc5.

Sice there is no security alert and since it is onliy fixed in 1.2.27-6.2 or
-7 we should warn our users explicitely. Especially sice it is not contained
within potato.

Note: the reason why those production servers are still using non-free ssh
is, because a) OpenSSH isnt more secure (had a remote exploit before) and b)
upgrade is harder than expected. So we need to make nonfree more recent.

Greetings
Bernd
--
  (OO)      -- Bernd_Eckenfels@Wendelinusstrasse39.76646Bruchsal.de --