Re: Strange new BTS behavior

Please understand that, to me, this is a minor nit. So, I'm not trying to
beat you up ;-)

The actual closing message contains the bug report number and the subject
line. As these messages usually show up shortly after the "installed"
announcement on a new package upload I'm pretty sure that I did it. When
these message are recieved at other times I check out the bug report
number and determine if the closing was valid.

The extra copy of the original report is just that ... extra.

Luck,

On Fri, 9 Nov 2001, Santiago Vila wrote:

> On Thu, 8 Nov 2001, Dale Scheetz wrote:
> > On Thu, 8 Nov 2001, Santiago Vila wrote:
> > > I think the rationale is to avoid closing bugs by mistake.
> >
> > How does sending me mail after I've closed the bug avoid this mistake?
>
> If you take a look at the mail and you recognize it as a bug you
> fixed, everything is ok.
>
> However, it is also possible that someone else (or even you) closed
> the bug by mistake. In this case, receiving a copy of the bug that has
> just been closed should help to discover such kind of mistakes.
>
> [ Note: Some time ago, a spammer closed a bug I submitted. He did not
>   use the auto-closing feature, of course, but I was glad that the BTS
>   was setup in a way that mistakes like that do not remain hidden ].

Dwarf
--
_-_-_-_-_-   Author of "Dwarf's Guide to Debian GNU/Linux"  _-_-_-_-_-_-