Re: Menu: Web Browser vs. Web browsers

On Fri, Oct 12, 2001 at 20:08:57 -0700, Erik Steffl wrote:
> Jochen Voss wrote:
> > On Fri, Oct 12, 2001 at 12:05:51AM +0200, J.H.M. Dassen (Ray) wrote:
> > > Given the precedent of "Apps", "Games", "Databases", "Editors" etc.,
> > > my vote goes to the plural.
> > So currently singular and plural forms are mixed. The menu policy really
> > should include some hints about hints.

My remark was about the top-level menu structure, which tends to the plural.

>   IMO hints should be treated the same way as submenu titles (sections)
> are, after all that's what they are.

AOL.

>   while we're at it (let's go slightly off tangent): most email tools
> are under Apps/Net (mutt, mozilla, netscape) but evolution is in
> Apps/Tools. is it a bug?

Yes; Evolution is definitely not a one task piece of software. Email
functionality is just one part of what Evolution provides. Å more
appropriate section for it would be a Apps/Groupware which we currently
don't have.

Perhaps it is time to review the menu structure. Looking at what I have in
Apps/Net on my system, I think it would be appropriate to have new
categories
	Browsers
		Web browsers

	Groupware
		Workgroup oriented software integrating mail, scheduling etc.

	IM
		Instant messaging systems (Jabber, ICQ etc.)

	IRC
		Internet Relay Chat clients

	Mail
		Email clients (MUAs).

Ray
--
Cyberspace, a final frontier. These are the voyages of my messages,
on a lightspeed mission to explore strange new systems and to boldly go