Re: root rm: Permission denied (Was: unable to stat `./usr/share/ man/man3/qcanvas.3qt.gz')

On Wed, Sep 12, 2001 at 08:41:23AM +0200, Tille, Andreas wrote:
> On Tue, 11 Sep 2001, Ethan Benson wrote:
>
> > i would suggest the immutable flag, but AFAIK reiserfs has no such
> > thing.
> Even if it would have - I do not use such nifty things on a testing box ...

The point is that if there is corruption in the filesystem then the
immutable flag may have be switched on accedently.

You notice this on ext2 when an inode has been corrupted. There's a 50%
chance the immutable bit may have been set, leading people to wonder why
they can't delete the file even as root.

I don't know whether reiserfs has such a bit though.
--
Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@svana.org>
http://svana.org/kleptog/