Re: Base freeze on? Will autobuilders use it?

On Fri, Sep 07, 2001 at 09:50:14AM -0400, Peter S Galbraith wrote:
> If they don't and rather continue to track unstable, then how
> will new optional package enter testing before the `optional'
> freeze?  They may get built against library versions that aren't
> in woody and thus never allowed to migrate to woody due to
> unresolved dependencies?

I keep asking this (or related questions) and no one seems to answer me ;)

I think we need a fiat from on high.  ajt?

I believe the answer is that once base is totally frozen, there will
be no new (unstable) versions of the libraries, so that the problem won't
occur.

Jules