Re: new port: and the winner is....

On Thu, Aug 30, 2001 at 03:18:43PM +0200, A Mennucc1 wrote:
> I have then decided for the name of the new port: I have
> decided to stick to
>  canonical Debian architecture name= win

I'm not going to comment on this shameless namespace pollution.

>  ----what needs to be discussed

You failed to mention what you are going to do to tackle the questions
of permissions mapping and symlinks. Without support for these, you
would have to reimplement an inane number of maintainer scripts, and
that simply is not an option. Probably a bunch of other things that
win32 environments lack as well. (No _way_ could you use a fat32
filesystem; ntfs is required).

 : :' :                         | Dept. of Computing,
 `. `'                          | Imperial College,
   `-    http://www.debian.org/ | London, UK