Re: adduser rewrite

On Wed, 2001-08-29 at 04:35, David Nusinow wrote:
> On Tuesday 28 August 2001 07:11 pm, Sean Middleditch wrote:
> > Oh, sorry.  ^,^  Well, one app rewritten in C would help, because if no
> > apps are rewriten in C, we'll never get them all done, now, while we?
>
> I'm willing to give it a try. I've been dying for a good project, and I
> haven't played with C in a while. I can't guarantee anything though, but I'll
> see what I can do.

I also agree that adding Python to base is in no way justified; I love
Python but we should rather invest some time in taking Perl out of base.
I'm also interested in some C rewriting work.

# grep-available -F Priority -s Package,Depends required |grep-dctrl -F
Depends perl
Package: adduser
Depends: perl-base (>= 5.6.0), passwd (>= 961025), debconf

Is adduser really the only thing in base that depends on Perl?

Pavel.