Re: wanted: maintainer for debconf slang frontend

Hi all,
	I use this frontend, but I don't like it nearly as much as the old one
(agreed with Nick there). I also think it should be killed off quickly and
replaced.
	However, the gnome frontend is unusable for me, and I'm sure for a lot of
others, because most of us keep the default setting of not allowing root to
run X apps, including the gnome frontend. I, and I'm sure a lot of others,
run apt-get/dselect from our user accounts, which are su'ed in to root, which
makes the gnome frontend unusable. I've never actually seen the thing, even
though it's my default for debconf. I think this is an important point to
keep in mind about the gnome frontend.

- David Nusinow
  krmt1984@ucla.edu