Re: editor wars!;-)

On Sat, Aug 25, 2001 at 08:42:28PM +0200, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> teco might have been an editor that existed around the time emacs was
> first written, according to the jargon file, that's all it's got to do
> with it.

Besides the fact that Emacs (Editing Macros) was originally editing
macros for Teco.

dict teco:

     Emacs has an entire {Lisp} system inside it.  It was
     originally written in {TECO} under {ITS} at the {MIT} {AI
     lab}.  AI Memo 554 described it as "an advanced,
     self-documenting, customisable, extensible real-time display
     editor".

Pretty much verbatim from the Jargon file.

--
David Starner - dstarner98@aasaa.ofe.org
"I don't care if Bill personally has my name and reads my email and