Re: Two questions about task-harden.

Ok

I'll try to summarize what you have said:

* Well I did not intend to start a flamewar. Did not think of that.
  And thank you for not starting one. :)

* Yes I should rename task-harden to harden. Good I'll do that. :)

* Sendmail have a history of security problems and there is a quite
  late report. But it have changed a lot and conflicting with it might
  not be right to do.
  Too bad that there is no Recommends-against but maybe it is better
  to do some postinst removal like the ppp and pcmcia removal at install-
  time. It is a good Idea. :)

  But how do I do that practicly. I should ask in the configure script
  and then remove in postinst, but how? Can I really run dpkg, is that
  not locked when running apt?

* So I'll try to make a Recommends-against using postinst and debconf
  with information about why to remove things...

* One more thing:
  I intend to write (and maybe split out the harden-localflaws and
  harden-remoteflaws to a new package) that on build time (or maybe
  other time?) download, parse and create conflict (and maybe postinst
  advisory?) rules on the fly. Do you know of a place with good information
  that is easy to parse for this? This package should then be maintained
  by qa (and I'll join the qa-group :) ) so that for each security
  advisory this package should be updated. This way I think lot of
  testing-users should get better systems. But my intention is to use
  as many sources as possible and automate this in a nice way (with
  possiblity to manually check and fix things).

  If someone already have done this I'll be very happy but I have not
  heared of it yet. Yes I know that security.debian.org exists but I also
  want to have this usable for unstable and testing users. Well that
  is the goal anyway. :)

Regards,

// Ola