Re: apt-proxy on FreeBSD (probably off-topic)

Hi Martin,

On Tue, 21 Aug 2001 23:55:28 +0200 Martin Maciaszek <mmaciaszek@gmx.net> wrote:

> I'm want to run apt-proxy for all my boxes in the lan on my
> FreeBSD box (mainly, because it has almost 40GB of free space)
> I installed rsync and apt-proxy. After some trial&error I found
> out that apt-proxy is dependant on gnu date. So I installed gnu
> date but it still doesn't work. apt-get just waits till timeout.
> I tried enabling debugging but I don't see anything in the
> apt-proxy log.
>
> Maybe somebody got it to work?

I have been working on apt-proxy recently and have a version that we have been using
for a while with some success.  Could you try http://www.canb.auug.org.au/~sfr/apt-proxy
and let me know if you have any better luck.  If you have GNU tail and stat installed,
it will use them to advantage.   Note that the development environment is Linux and
bash, so there may be some dependencies that I am unaware of - altough I am told it
will work using ash as a shell.
--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    sfr@canb.auug.org.au