Re: Upcoming debbugs modification, major change

On Fri, 17 Aug 2001, Anthony Towns wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 16, 2001 at 05:00:33AM -0500, Adam Heath wrote:
> > This Saturday, baring any real life circumstances, or someone objecting here,
> > I will turn off the debbugs cronjob(2) that processing incoming.  I will then
> > go about converting the scripts to only support this new db/ layout.  All
> > existing files will then be moved to the new directory, and testing of the new
> > code will begin.
>
> Uh. No. debbugs can't afford to go down while you try implementing and
> testing something brand new that's likely to be flakey. Least of all
> during a freeze when we're tring to fix bugs.
>
> Work on it seperately, get some code that works for you on your machine,
> then post it, then we'll talk.

Fine, no problem.

To support the above, I have created /org/bugs.debian.org/spool/db-h/, that
has the appropriate layout.  All the files therein are hardlinks to spool/db/.
The code does NOT yet use db-h.  The above dir can be used by others to test
out their modifications.