Re: Push-Servers?

On Thu Aug 16, 2001 at 13:24:42 -0500, Scott Dier wrote:
> But yeah, its great to use ftp.eecs when it works, just that having that
> low of a rsync limit is slightly annoying for being a push primary.  It
> seems that sourceforge's server at UNC was *denying* rsyncs at all
> eariler today, I'm going to speak with their admins about that if I can.

Push-primaries should have an own (invisible) module for their
secondaries with an appropriate limit and authorized access only, so
that these mirrors always get a connection. ftp.se.d.o does this for me
and we never had any problems since then...

Adam
--
Adam                 al10@inf.tu-dresden.de
  Lackorzynski         http://a.home.dhs.org