Re: http://lists.debian.org/ list index split up

On Wed, Aug 15, 2001 at 09:42:24PM -0400, Steve M. Robbins wrote:
> > The index on http://lists.debian.org/ has been split up in subcategories,
> > and stuff.
> >
> > A lot of people wanted this, hope you're happy now :)
>
> So far, I like it.
>
> Before this, I didn't realise that there were so many mailing lists
> for the linux standards base.  I was intrigued, so I clicked through
> the archives of "lcs-eng".  Guess what: the last legitimate message
> was sent in about October 1998, but there are three more years of spam
> archived for all to see!
>
> Perhaps inactive lists such as this can be retired?

I agree, but it's the listmaster scripts that deliver mail to the archives,
they should retire it.

If you'd be so kind to submit a bug report on listarchives with the dates
when the lists you noticed were dead became dead, and I'll remove the spam
archives, and then reassign the bug to lists.debian.org.

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.