Re: What is keeping sppc from testing?

On Wed, Aug 15, 2001 at 02:40:51PM +0200, Mikael Hedin wrote:
> I searched for my package sppc in the testing dist.

      sppc |    1.0.1-1 |       testing | source, alpha, i386, sparc
      sppc |    1.0.1-1 |      unstable | source, alpha, i386, sparc

IOW, nothing's keeping it from testing. It's merely never been built
for arm, m68k, powerpc or hppa or ia64. No big deal. You'll need to
talk to the relevant porters to see why it hasn't been built on other
architectures. It's nothing to do with testing, though.

> So why does it not exist for the 5 other archs, and
> why is it in testing for the 3 existing ones?  I thought it went in
> only if all archs were current?

It's only a problem if it's been built on an architecture in the past;
otherwise there're good odds that there's some arch-specific problem (like
asm code, or build-depends that aren't satisfied, or endianness issues, or
something else), which doesn't much matter in the grand scheme of things.

Cheers,
aj