Re: QPL in /usr/share/comon-licences (was: Re: wnpp: ITP: apc -- Alternative PHP Cache speeds up loading PHP scripts in web servers)

On Mon, Jun 11, 2001 at 06:18:37PM +0100, Stephen Stafford wrote:
> under QPL depend on this package.  In fact I see no reason at all why
> any license which multiple binary packages are released under should
> not be approached this way.  It would save a little space for our

Most licenses REQUIRE that the license file is distributed with the
software AT ALL TIMES. So even if a package depends on another package
for its license file, we're still distributing the .deb without the
license and thus break the license.

--
	Casper Gielen
casper@huiscomputer.homeip.net, capslock2000@mailandnews.com