Re: Some problems getting Atari800 package finished.

Dale Scheetz wrote:
> 1. I can get the svgalib version to build and run in a useful fashion, but
>    the x11 version builds just fine, but when executed presents a totally
>    black screen. Wile I expect this to be something like black background
>    against black letters, it may take me some time to track it down in the
>    code.

I wish I could help, but I don't remember running into that when I
maintained it. Have you tried usinf a different color depth in the X
server?

> 3. Older versions of this package provided a "curses" version of the
>    package, but I see no reason to do so. The simulator is very restricted
>    without any graphics capabilities. I'm considering dropping it entirely
>    from the package.

Well, I for one am more likely to use a plain text interface than a svga
interface any time. It really depends what one wants to do with the
emulator -- I remember when I actually programmed on the atari, I wrote
plenty of plain text programs, and probably about an equal number of
graphical programs.

--
see shy jo