Re: epsilon away from a release

"Steve M. Robbins" <steven.robbins@videotron.ca> writes:

> There are "release candidate" tarballs for both autoconf and automake,
> and I'm about to make a debian package of them for my own purposes.
>
> I don't believe that these new versions should be uploaded to
> "unstable", but it would be useful to have .debs widely available for
> other developers to check that their package will still build.  I
> wonder if someone is already making available .debs of these alpha
> versions.  If nobody is already doing this or planning to do this, I
> will do so.
>
> Comments?

There's a package of a CVS snapshot from March in
project/experimental.  You might want to base your alpha version
on this.  Other than that, I'm waiting for an official, final
release in order to make an upload to unstable.  Last I heard,
the autoconf maintainers didn't want alpha releases widely
distributed, so I've restricted alphas to project/experimental
and made them only upon request.
--
"How could this be a problem in a country
 where we have Intel and Microsoft?"