Re: Some packages got pulled from unstable?

Alexander Hvostov <vulture@aoi.dyndns.org> wrote:
>I've noticed some packages got pulled out of unstable, leaving
>me with the obsolete/local package. I was using them. Here's a
>list:
>
>- libgal4 (depended upon by evolution and gnumeric, btw)
>- darxite (I thought this was only getting pulled from testing?)
>- fakebo
>- smb-nat (wasn't actually using it at the moment, but you know)
>
>It'd be nice to have a clue as to why these packages were pulled.

  http://ftp-master.debian.org/removals.txt

libgal4's source package doesn't build it any more; darxite was a
security nightmare and nobody seemed to be working on it; fakebo's
maintainer requested its removal for various reasons; smb-nat's
maintainer requested its removal because it was obsolete.