Re: Many ports open by default

I'm not suggesting we "ruin" anything.  exit 0 isn't the only way to disable
something by default.

My main concern is of security.  I know a newbie who installed Debian
recently, and he has something like 15 open ports, which wouldn't be a problem
except for the history of these daemons to have root exploits.

I just don't think I should have to "lock down" a Debian machine that is going
to be used for nothing but web browsing, nor should a newbie have to.

I like OpenBSD's security level option that you can set at install time.

--
Dwayne C. Litzenberger - dlitz@dlitz.net