Re: simple g++-3.0 problem

On Fri, Apr 27, 2001 at 02:31:12PM -0400, Dale E Martin <dmartin@cliftonlabs.com> was heard to say:
> Basically, it doesn't like the declaration "string getString()"...
> g++-2.95.4 doesn't seem to mind this code, and I can't for the life of me
> figuer out why it would be broken.

  I think this is the problem..

  g++ << 3.0 handled the "std" namespace incorrectly and let you get away
with this.  g++ 3.0 requires that you either declare "using std" or explicitly
say "std::string getString()".

   Not looking forward to fixing this in all my own code,
  Daniel

|             X is the second worst window system ever invented.              |
|             Everything else is tied for first.                              |
\----------------- The Turtle Moves! -- http://www.lspace.org ----------------/