Re: ALL: PARANOID from /etc/hosts.deny Should be Commented by default

18.04.2001 pisze PiotR (piotr@omega.resa.es):

> Having ALL: PARANOID in /etc/hosts.deny only causes problems and
> doesn't provide any special security. Its very annoing when you can't
> access some server because this. Or worse, the clients doesn't accept
> the server stuff.

Yes, I agree. It should be removed and replaced with ALL: DENY. ;->

> I strongly believe that this should be removed in posterior releases
> of debian O.S ?what do you think?

Seriously, I think it should stay as it is. Everybody, who knows what
it means, can easily edit this file and remove it.

best regards,
Jubal

--
[ Miros/law L Baran, baran-at-knm-org-pl, neg IQ, cert AI ] [ 0101010 is ]
[ BOF2510053411, makabra.knm.org.pl/~baran/, alchemy pany ] [ The Answer ]

    Tact is the ability to tell a man he has an open mind when he has a
    hole in his head.