Re: Can't configure 3rd button on mouse

On Tue, Apr 17, 2001 at 12:47:37PM -0400, Dale Scheetz wrote:
> > > What I have figured out is that on my last upgrade to woody,
> > > xserver-common and most everything else was upgraded to 4.x, but I just
> > > discovered that my xserver-svga package is still 3.x. I'm not sure just
> > > how that happened.
> >
> > XFree4 doesn't use it, that's how.  It's for not-yet-supported cards.
>
> So, how do I set up XFree4 to work? I installed it, but I don't remember
> getting a chance to configure it...

dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86

There's supposed to be some debconf-automatic way to change the /etc/X11/X
to point to /usr/X11R6/bin/XFree86, but it's never worked for me on an
upgrade.  I suggest just setting it yourself.

> > of doing that is Branden's department, I just help people set up DRI
> > (which is amusing considering that I have yet to get it working for my new
> > system, but that's neither here nor there..)
> >
> Whoosh <sound this paragraph makes as it goes completely over my head ;->

DRI is what you need for Quake.  =)

--
Joseph Carter <knghtbrd@debian.org>                Free software developer

<Culus> dhd:  R you part of the secret debian overstructure?
<dhd> no. there is no secret debian overstructure.
<CosmicRay> although, now that somebody brought it up, let's start one
            :-)
<Knghtbrd> CosmicRay - why not, sounds like a fun way to spend the
           afternoon =D