Re: Bugs against Debian CD's

On Sun, Apr 15, 2001 at 01:33:50AM +0200, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> Le Fri, Apr 13, 2001 at 12:17:23PM -0700, David Whedon ?crivait:
> > Wed, Apr 11, 2001 at 05:53:23PM +0200 wrote:
> > > Against what package should bugs be filed regarding problems with the Debian
> > > official CD-Roms ? I'm not refering to bugs in boot-floppies but rather
> > > CD-ROMs not detected as 'bootable' by some systems.
> > debian-cd
>
> That's not sure. debian-cd does nothing apart from using
> boot-floppies image to build El Torito CD images.
>
> I guess that if the CD are not detected as bootable it's because the
> specific hardware doesn't support bootable CD. It's neither debian-cd's fault
> nor boot floppies's fault.

No.  I had what I suppose is the same problem with the initial potato CDs
(r0, I haven't tried later releases).  The boot CD just would not boot in my
Toshiba laptop (others with Toshiba seemed to get this problem too).  Your
conclusion would be fair, except that the slink CDs booted on the same
machine perfectly fine.

Drew

--
PGP public key available at http://dparsons.webjump.com/drewskey.txt
Fingerprint: A110 EAE1 D7D2 8076 5FE0  EC0A B6CE 7041 6412 4E4A