Re: sharefont breaks StarOffice 5.2

"Dr. Guenter Bechly" <gbechly@debian.org> wrote:
>I recently adopted the package sharefont, rebuilt it, and uploaded
>the new version 0.10-9 which has as only "modification" a new
>changelog entry "New maintainer; closes: #90926".  Consequently I
>was VERY surprised to learn on the mailing lists that this package
>causes the breakage of StarOffice on Sid that was observed since a
>few days (I immediately filed this as critical bug against sharefont
>myself).  There is no breakage with the previous version 0.10-8 of
>sharefont (which I did not change), and there is no breakage with
>StarOffice 5.1 or OpenOffice.

I did version 0.10-8, most of which consisted of moving fonts to
somewhere where the font server would pick them up by default. Perhaps
some of the fonts are malformed enough to confuse StarOffice, and nobody
noticed because they weren't being used before?

FWIW, StarOffice (either 5.1 or 5.2, haven't tried OpenOffice) doesn't
work on my work machine (sid) either: it says "Invalid file format" a
lot until I kill it, IIRC. Of two other people who happen to be running
sid, it works for one and not the other.

However, I don't have sharefont installed. I might have time to see if
it's related to other font packages. I have gsfonts, gsfonts-x11,
xfonts-100dpi, xfonts-75dpi, xfonts-base, xfonts-cyrillic,
xfonts-intl-japanese, xfonts-pex, and xfonts-scalable installed.