Re: How does testing work? (was: Re: A question about update-excuses (was Re: testing is broken))

On Thu, 12 Apr 2001, Anthony Towns wrote:

> > OK, this is about the x-th time questions about the logic behind inclusion
> > in testing come up.
>
> Have you looked over http://ftp-master.debian.org/testing?

Yes. A quote from the same page:

* There's some explanation about this that was posted to the
* debian-devel-announce list some time ago. It's outdated now

> I think it answers all the questions you've asked.

A random questions of the ones I've asked not covered there: Where's the
script?

There's YAQAT (yet another question about testing) by Peter S Galbraith
posted about the same time I wrote my general inquiry. If the inclusion
procedure into testing would be clear people wouldn't have to ask.
Seriously considering the issue I've raised would IMHO save yourself and
the developers a lot of time.

*t (Who has been staring quite often at update-excuses in the *past*
    without really clearly understanding, why his package was not going
    in)

             Tomas Pospisek
	     http://sourcepole.ch
	     Tel: +41 (81) 330 77 11