Re: Broken Star Office in unstable?

I was thinking about the openoffice thing? How stable is it, my girlfriend
is expected to be able to share documents w/ others in her biology dept
(notice I said biology, not CS. there are a lot of macs and MSoffice seems
to be mandatory) What is ripped out? ( all she need is the speadsheet and
the wordProcessor) Anyway, to keep this as debian as possible I was
wondering if you can force the linker to link the program with another
version of libc. I could compile by hand (or if possible use the debs from
potato) 2.1.3 and install it in /opt (directory that I created for misc
closed source binaries) then do an 'export LD_LIBRORY_PATH' type thing or
will it still link to libc in /lib. If that isn't it then I will backtrace
the libraries that ldd reports and keep them in opt w/ star office. That
way they stay stable while the deb libs change. Do you think that will
work?
David Monarres
<ayeq@yahoo.com>
ps. SO 5.2 worked fine in woody and potato