Re: debian 2.3

On Wednesday 11 April 2001 00:25, Ethan Benson wrote
> /boot works very poorly with quik (oldworld powerpc bootloader) and

Again, the chosen FS doesn't need to be used on all created partitions, but
the user/admin/whatever should be offered the choice, because the current
method involves a LOT of moving files around.. much simpler to pick the fs
you want to begin with.

> IMHO reiserfs needs another year or two (at least) to really mature
> before it should be considered a candidate for the default filesystem.

I totally agree, but it should be a choice. I'd prefer to use it on a fresh
installation of a desktop system, but I probably wouldn't trust a production
server to something so new..