Re: RFC: automagically update foo.deb, triggered by DSA

from the secret journal of Manuel Clos (llanero@jazzfree.com):

> I'm currently doing something similar with a script in cron.daily/, it does
> a apt-get update ; apt-get upgrade ; dpkg --configure -a
> it works well, but one time I got not restart of sshd, (dpkg --configure -a
> was not in the script).

We decided a long time ago that this was a cool idea, but that the most
reasonable outcome was that something would break and no human would know
what or why. Debian is easy enough to manage that people should not be taken
out of the loop.

But as long as this package doesnt get Priority: important, you're welcome
to do whatever you want.

--
Jacob Kuntz
jpk@cape.com