Re: merged messages mystery (new, improved! with null-padded email sample)

On Thu, 5 Apr 2001, Michael Stone wrote:

> Those are the *correct* permissions for /var/spool/mail on debian. If
> uw-imapd is not coping properly with that, it is a serious bug. (I don't
> know if that's the case,

It isn't.

> it likely that the debian version was patched

Rather an alternate method is used (there is a small setgid mail helper
app that locks the mailboxes) to avoid having the spool be 1777.

> but the documentation wasn't.) It's probably worth asking the
> maintainer, and pointing out the relevent documentation.

Yeah, I should make a note that particular item is not valid for us.

--
Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar@debian.org>