Re: non-us.debian.org/security.debian.org

On Wed, Apr 04, 2001 at 02:38:45PM -0500, Mike Dresser wrote:
> Jacob Kuntz wrote:
>
> > are there any mirrors on the other side of the pond? canada maybe?
>
> I think us Canadians are stuck with the same export laws as the US.
> Either that, or no one wants to find out =)

Not true, the venerable ftp.ca.debian.org site (Stormix) mirrored non-US.
The status of doing so is not a problem.  Exports from the US to Canada
may not be re-exported to places the US doesn't want them to go, but if
they were imported from somewhere else there is no restriction.  The
restrictions even then for imports from the US is probably not enforcable,
but this is what most people aren't in a hurry to find out.

--
Joseph Carter <knghtbrd@debian.org>                Free software developer

<knghtbrd> joeyh: I was down since midmorning yesterday and pacbell said
           this morning that AT&T was to blame and almost all of the state
           was down
<rcw> dunno why people insist the internet can survive a nuclear holocaust
      when it can't survive a backhoe