Re: sendmail and suidness (or lack thereof)

Previously Guus Sliepen wrote:
> I'm against this. I really wish people would stop installing
> NAT/firewalls/wrappers/jails/etc, which are merely kludges, and would start
> fixing the real problem.

That is a really simple argument. One of the basics of good security
is multiple layers of protection. So you make sure that your appliction
is not exploitable, AND that it doesn't have suid where it isn't needed,
AND that it runs with resource limits, etc.

Wichert.

 /       Nothing is fool-proof to a sufficiently talented fool     \
| wichert@cistron.nl                  http://www.liacs.nl/~wichert/ |