Re: Task harden.

On Mon, Apr 02, 2001 at 06:48:34PM -0500, Nathan E Norman wrote:

> > as for dnscache and tcpserver they are non-free.  tell me when they
> > are free software and they can be considered.  its also been said they
> > ignore RFCs, that isn't very good code.
>
> It's been alleged, but I've yet to see proof.  Words are cheap.

in the words of dan himself:

liberated from http://www.isc.org/ml-archives/bind-users/2000/08/msg00191.html

--- quote ---
> Why didn't you explicitly tell us whether djbdns supports DNSSEC,
> TSIG, IXFR and RRs for IPv6 or not?

IPv6 records: I'm not sure whether you mean the obsolete AAAA records or
the experimental A6 records. Anyway, as you already know, tinydns
supports all record types.

DNSSEC: I already pointed you to http://cr.yp.to/djbdns/forgery.html.
My top priority for djbdns is to implement an anti-forgery system that
actually works.

TSIG and IXFR: For replication, ssh and rsync do a much better job.  For
client-to-cache communication, IPSEC does a better job.  I don't think
I've had even one request for TSIG or IXFR from my users.
--- unquote ---

-john