Re: Task-harden

On Mon, Apr 02, 2001 at 11:09:09PM +0200, Kenneth Vestergaard Schmidt wrote:

> I have sent an email to DJB about 2 or 3 weeks ago, explaining some of the
> problems his rules impose, but so far haven't gotten a reply - he probably
> gets a million of those, anyway :(

people have been trying to change his mind for years.  he simply
refuses to budge.  he fails to understand that the non-freeness of his
software is dooming it to obscurity.

the best thing to do IMO is what is done with every other non-free
software, reimplement it as free software.  qmail is already replaced
with postfix.  someone should do the same with dnscache.  or else
audit bind 9 to see if they did a better job this time around.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/