Re: when is next alsa going in?

At Fri, 09 Mar 2001 09:00:27 -0800,
Erik Steffl wrote:

>   I have a soundcard that requires newer alsa than currently available
> in debian (even unstable) - does anybody know when will next version of
> alsa be available?

I have already packaged the next version of the alsa locally, but the
packages are still experimental and I've already noticed few problems,
especially some compatibility issues.

However, you can use the new version of the alsa. you can get them at

deb http://people.debian.org/~taru/alsa/ ./

A Release file at the site is now as follows:

Component: main
Origin: taru
Label: Debian ALSA Package (Test version)

It may help you if you use the Pin feature of a newer verion of apt.