Re: Possibility of packaging JDK 1.3?

On 09-Mar-2001 D-Man wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 08, 2001 at 06:16:12PM -0300, Carlos Laviola wrote:
>|
>| I'd rather use IBM's JRE/JDK - I had no luck running Blackdown's. (it can't
>| even run java -version, it segfaults no matter how I run it)
>|

> Why does it segfault?  What libs does it depend on that you don't
> have?  Is it linked against a different set of binary incompatible
> libs?  I downloaded Blackdown's 1.1.8, 1.2.2, and 1.3.0 binaries for a
> RH 6.2 system at work and had no trouble at all.

It is not a regular "segmentation fault", the program crashes with an error of
its own, but I'm pretty sure it says "segmentation fault" somewhere. I'll
download it again later and mail you the output of it (I have already filed a
bug against it in blackdown's own BTS, but nobody bothered to answer me until
now).

--
Carlos Laviola - ICQ 55799523
pub  1024D/3516D372 2000-06-05 Carlos Laviola <claviola@ajato.com.br>