Re: portability as a goal for debian?

On Thu, Mar 08, 2001 at 06:45:33PM +0100, "Jürgen A. Erhard" wrote:
> Wrong.  The name Debian GNU/*Linux* didn't "imply several different
> options" for quite a long time, until GNU/Hurd appeared, of course.

I am not even sure if Debian GNU/Hurd is the proper name for what I do.
After all, the Hurd is the core component of the GNU system. So saying
GNU/Hurd is stating the obvious ;) It's the Debian binary distribution
of the GNU system, plus some extra packages.

Thanks,
Marcus

Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de
http://www.marcus-brinkmann.de