Re: RFC: Central version control for Debian

     > * Matt Zimmerman (mdz@debian.org) wrote :
    >> Recent discussions about auditing have gotten me thinking about
    >> Debian's use of version control (or lack thereof).  Currently,
    >> the situation is left in the hands of individual developers.
    >> Many of them use CVS; some use other methods; some use no
    >> version control at all.

Potato has ~2 GB of gzip sources, uncompress that gives you maybe
3 GB.

Each day theres about 50 MB source updates. Some are new orig.tar.gz
files, which could be diffed. But just assume the uncompressed diffs
are about 50 MB/day.

That means each year the debian cvs grows 18 GB in size. So in one
year time we have 6 times the size.

Who do you think will host that?

MfG
        Goswin