Re: update excuses.. how to read them

kobras@tat.physik.uni-tuebingen.de (Daniel Kobras)  wrote on 25.01.01 in <[🔎] Pine.LNX.3.96.1010125234944.450A-100000@yksi>:

> no separate Debian changelog. That's the whole point of being native. The
> question is rather how to deal with packages that are not native, but
> contain an upstream-merged debian/ directory, so there never a diff for
> the x.x.x-1 Debian revision (but there may be diffs for later revisions
> without an accompanying new upstream version)? Those packages a) do exist,
> and b) currently don't fit well in out packaging scheme. Suggestions
> welcome.

I don't quite see *why* they don't fit. For one, I'd expect the -1 version
to have at least a diff of debian/changelog with the parameters for the
current release. For another, while I haven't tested that, I don't quite
see why an empty diff would be a problem.

But even if an empty diff does turn out to be a problem, create a file
"debian/actual_debian_release" with, say, the current date in it, and make
sure the diff isn't empty that way.

Looks like a non-problem to me.

MfG Kai