Re: Free replacement for shorten (lossless digital audio compressor)?

More info on FLAC: the homepage is

	http://flac.sourceforge.net/

The comparison page there compares many encoders including Kexis.
Kexis barely beats shorten on compression and looks like it hasn't
been worked on in a while.  FLAC has better compression than Kexis
and shorten, better plugin support, and is all GPL/LGPL.

Josh

Zimmerman wrote:
> > http://www.softsound.com/Shorten.html
> >
> > Does anyone know of a free replacement for the "shorten" tool, from
SoftSound?
> > It is used to compress/decompress digital audio to/from the "shn"
format, a
> > compressed audio format which gets about 2:1 lossless compression.
It is