Re: Developer Behavior [new maintainer waiting period]

On Mon, Jan 08, 2001 at 11:23:05AM -0600, Adam Heath wrote:
> What I'm trying to say is that if you prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that
> you would benefit the project, you will be accepted.

All I stated was that it was less efficient for many people to do work
through sponsors. Well, let's do an indirect proof. Assuming I would
not benefit the project much, uploading my packages takes time by
REAL Debian developers who could be doing actual work that would
benefit Debian. Getting an account would prevent me from bothering
sponsors with my silly packages.

So, whether I would benefit the project or not, it would benefit the
project to create an account for me.

Keep in mind that I don't take it _this_ serriously. The topic came up
and I commented that I was in the same situation. I'm still waiting
patiently and don't want to make a fuss. I only wish I did not have to
bother sponsors when I do have the mental capacity to upload a package.

I've even offered to help expedite the new-maintainer process if
accepted into Debian. My offer has been to create accounts, since that
seems like where one of the major bottlenecks is, but if this
responsibility can not be entrusted to brand-new developers (which is
likely the case), I would appreciate suggestions on other ways I could
help.

Thanks,
Aaron Lehmann