Re: Developer Behavior

** On Jan 08, Aaron Lehmann scribbled:
> On Mon, Jan 08, 2001 at 10:35:51AM -0600, Vince Mulhollon wrote:
> > Now that you and Eray have publically complained about the team's slowness,
> > that means that after you complete the NM process, you both be joining the
> > NM team to help your fellow developers get processed quicker, right?
> >
> > I'm not being sarcastic, my initial account manager who did the interviews
> > and stuff had just completed the process a few months ago, so I assume
> > you'll be joining the new maintainer team just like he did.
>
> The problem I'm facing is that my account has not been created. If once
Same for me... My application was accepted in September, I applied in June -
the only thing missing is the account. I have 8 packages waiting to be
uploaded, one more to overtake from the current maintainer (he could/would
sponsor it, but I prefer to wait till I'm "legally" in Debian) - all of them
are actively maintained, used etc. but aren't in Debian per se. Before
somebody steps forward and claims that I'm whining, I'm not - it's just a
bit discouraging. We read many speeches here about taking part in the
community life, contributing to Debian instead of talking, whining etc. -
but it's rather hard to contribute anything when the doors are closed. It's
not that I think the DAM or whoever in the NM team is not suited for this
task, no, I'm just wondering whether they might need some
help/encouragement?

[snip]
> The DAM is quite busy, and I sympathize with him. However, once
> allowed to I would voulenteer to aid him with his duties to expedite
> the processes.
Lamentably, I have no time to process NMs but if there's any other thing I
could do, I'd be more than glad to.

marek

--
Visit: http://caudium.net - the Caudium WebServer

/* A completely unrelated fortune */
 "Laugh while you can, monkey-boy." -- Dr. Emilio Lizardo