Re: Solving the compression dilema when rsync-ing Debian versions

On Sun, Jan 07, 2001 at 08:16:08PM -0700, Bdale Garbee wrote:

> wichert@valinux.com (Wichert Akkerman) writes:
>
> > gzip --rsyncable, aloready implemented, ask Rusty Russell.
>
> I have a copy of Rusty's patch, but have not applied it since I don't like
> diverging Debian packages from upstream this way.  Wichert, have you or Rusty
> or anyone taken this up with the gzip upstream maintainer?

As you know, it's been eons since the last upstream gzip release.  What are the
chances of upstream being interested in making this patch official?  Maybe we
should develop this stuff on a parallel branch, work the bugs out, and hope to
integrate it down the road?

--
 - mdz