Re: Release-critical Bugreport for January 5, 2001

On Fri, Jan 05, 2001 at 05:02:40PM +0000, Colin Watson wrote:
> Branden Robinson <branden@debian.org> wrote:
> >On Fri, Jan 05, 2001 at 06:00:08AM -0600, BugScan reporter wrote:
> >> Bug stamp-out list for Jan  5 05:13 (CST)
> >>
> >> Total number of release-critical bugs: 482
> >
> >I thought aj introduced the "serious" severity so that "important" bugs
> >wouldn't be considered release-critical anymore, but it looks like bugscan
> >doesn't know that important bugs aren't RC.
>
> I notice that some porters are still filing "can't build from source"
> bugs as 'important'; I realize the developers-reference package hasn't
> been updated yet, although the version in CVS has. A lot of such
> 'important' bugs are going to need to be upgraded to 'serious'.

Well, packages that cannot be built wont be put into testing, basically
because the version isn't compiled on all archs. So it wont be released
anyway. IMO, build failures on non-release archs (those not in testing)
should be considered "important", while build failures on release archs
(those in testing) should be considered serious.

Ben