Re: test -d /usr/man && ( mail submit@bugs; apology; )

On Sat, Dec 30, 2000 at 02:00:29AM +1100, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> How many emails are we talking about?  [...]

It was about thirty.  I'm trully sorry about the whole ordeal.

It was stupid of me in several respects.  At midday, I just abandoned
work until I had a full 8 hours sleep.  If I could undo almost every
event of yesterday, I would.

At any rate, those bug reports are for only the packages I noticed.
I'm sure there are _many_ more that install /usr/man/ than I feebly
reported.

What's wrong with the reports:  No version number.  The problem may be
already fixed -- I checked against woody, and not sid!

What's right:  The severity prolly should be 'serious'.  (The latest
policy says to use FHS, and the BTS says policy violations are
'serious'.  It's true that the worst that happens is broken alternatives
symlinks for man pages, tho.  Release critical?  Unlikely.)

						- chad

--
Chad Miller <cmiller@surfsouth.com>   URL: http://web.chad.org/   (GPG)
"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced".