Re: ITA: abuse, abuse-lib

On Tue, Dec 19, 2000 at 10:41:03AM -0500, Damian M Gryski wrote:
> On Tue, 19 Dec 2000, Edward Betts wrote:
> > Arto Jantunen <viiru83@mbnet.fi> wrote:
> > > I'd like to adopt abuse, if that's okay with you. I don't think I can handle
> > > the 'only 8bpp'-bug, thought. There is/was a project for maintaining
> > > upstream abuse, so maybe they could help.
> >
> > New upstream is at http://sourceforge.net/projects/v3abuse/
>
>    This project seems to be completey dead.
>
>    There's an active community at abuse2.com.  Maybe you could package
>    fRaBs too?

If someone can point me to the Linux-port of fRaBs, then maybe I could. I
don't know how much they have changed the sources, but it would be very nice
to combine fRaBs with the SDL-port (probably not possible, but I'll take a
look).

>    There's also an SDL port which removes the 8-bit dependancy,
>    and the separate lnx_sndsrv file.  It's home page seems to be at
>    http://www.labyrinth.net.au/~trandor/.  At the moment, source
>    code hasn't been released, but I'm sure the author would make it
>    available.

I downloaded and tested it. Works very nicely. Some problems with the
framebuffer-stuff, but nothing serious. I'm in the process of contacting the
author right now. If license-issues permit, I will package this.

--
Arto Jantunen