Re: goals for woody ? (Re: Release Date of Woody?)

>>"Joey" == Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> writes:

 Joey> (Not that I disagree with your overall premise, but...)
 Joey> Manoj Srivastava wrote:
 >> Being told that this should not be done during installation of
 >> the kernel-image is not what I consider useful

 Joey> But I have never told you this. In fact last time you presented
 Joey> that table I used it as some very welcome ammunition to show
 Joey> some doubters (hi Aj) why debconf *must* support asking
 Joey> questions in the postinst. As it does.

	Oh, I never meant to imply that you told me this, or even that
 you were a supporter of mandating debconf. No, the, umm,
 _enthusiastic_ proponents of debconf have been mostly fans of your
 (wonderful) package.

	I hold that while debconf is a wonderful tool, we can't yet
 make its use mandatory. I would not be opposed to a strong
 recommendation somewhere in policy, though

	manoj
--
 Have the courage to live.  Anyone can die.  -- Robert Cody